Location: The Hague area
For one of our clients, an operator in the Oil & Gas (in the Netherlands) we are looking for a Contracts Advisor.
The Contracts Advisor will assist in the development and creation of cost-effective and high quality contracts in a timely manner in order to meet the Company timelines. You are responsible for minimizing, in a professional and ethical manner, the Company’s exposure to commercial and/or contractual risks. You will contribute to building and maintaining relationships with contractors and contribute to the development of strategies for the procurement of Company’s needs through close involvement of personnel of the various stakeholders and any other relevant Company personnel, thereby contributing to cost reduction targets and value creation.
Your activities are, for example:
- Perform all obligations regarding health, safety and wellbeing of others and themselves, as well as the environment in which the procurement duties are undertaken;
- Ensure that all procurement activities are undertaken in accordance with Company policies, governance, procedures and Industry’s good practice & regulatory requirements. Report any situation, which does not comply with these rules. Specifically ensure the enforcement of defined procurement policies and of supplier relationship principles and associated guidelines and code of conduct;
- Maintain market knowledge, perform benchmarking, contract mapping as required;
- Manage the procurement process from the expression of the needs (including its review/challenge) to the contract signature;
- Lead communication between bidders and Company personnel during all tendering stages, issue, receipt, opening, analyzing, negotiations with bidder’s representatives and signatures/approvals;
- In coordination with the stakeholder’s (tender) team, develop Tender Strategies including the Bidders List, the award criteria and associated weighting and scoring mechanisms in compliance with Company procurement policies and decisions. Submit Strategies, when applicable, to the various stakeholders for approval;
- Define draft contract with associated commercial criteria and remuneration section;
- Perform commercial evaluation and coordinate technical, legal and QHSE evaluation with the stakeholder’s tender team. Negotiate involving appropriate representatives (internal customer, Legal, QHSE etc.). Draft final recommendation to award and when applicable submit to the Steering Committee for approval;
- Prepare final contracts for award and execution into IT systems, manage and monitor directly the contract (including, Framework, purchase order/call off, kick off, review meetings, claims etc.);
- Support the stakeholders by maintaining proper administration of the contracts and by handling queries from both suppliers and Company Representatives.
- Sufficient knowledge and practical experience in an Oil & Gas contracts and procurement role including pre-qualification, tender process, negotiation of complex technical contracts, commercial evaluation and award, contract management, claims and close-out;
- Sufficient knowledge of contract formulation, management and administration of contracts related to offshore projects in the North Sea environment;
- Sufficient understanding of contractor remuneration structures and their commercial implications;
- Ability to understand and review appropriate contract clauses and terms;
- Sufficient procurement skills and a minimum of 5 years practical experience in a comparable procurement role;
- Sufficient knowledge of information systems and user of tools and systems to support different activities (Contiki, Office, FPAL, supplier catalogues, etc. as applicable).