Contracts Engineer The contracts engineer will complement the procurement contracts team, which is a separate unit within the ship-owning procurement function. The team is engaged in the development of partnerships with relevant suppliers, and contracts for the supply of (critical) spare parts. Furthermore, the team is responsible for setting up and maintenance of frame agreements for repetitive products and services. Wherever possible, the contracts engineer will contribute to continuous improvement of the relevant procurement processes, while embracing a Supply chain management vision.
- Support and actively participate in the continuous improvement of management system within the scope of the job;
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment for employees and contractors working in company premises;
- Present company as an attractive and reliable business partner and maintain long-term relationships with subcontractors and suppliers;
Job specific tasks
- Perform the tendering and contracting process as assigned by the Team Lead Procurement Contracts, in line with approved procedures;
- Select suppliers and conduct pre-qualifications and evaluation of potential suppliers;
- Data analysis and data structuring in cooperation with the technical department. This participation in the specification process is an essential element of your tasks.
- Prepare/submit tender packages including draft frame agreement/contract to selected suppliers;
- Prepare bid-evaluation sheets for internal review and approval;
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions and pricing with vendors in liaison with the Legal Department;
- Manage the assigned portfolio of frame agreements/contracts.
What we need from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Business Engineering & management Commercial Law or equivalent experience
- NEVI 1&2, CIPS, IFPPM or other courses is considered an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ contracting or tactical procurement experience
- General (technical) knowledge of industry practices
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to create and maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders (technical Department and vessel crew)
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch languages, both written and spoken
- Results driven, common sense and hands-on mentality
- Knowledge of ERP and MS Office systems/applications