Location: Amsterdam area
For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Composite Production Engineer.
You are responsible for the definition and control of the continues composite laminate production process that determine the quality of the product (TCP). The role of the Composite Material & Process Engineer ensures that the lines run with the right balance between efficiency (output) and with the right quality (product performance). As senior engineer you oversee all production processes and you take into consideration development work done in TCP design and (predictive) modelling and combine it to a unified strategy in composite material processing. It is an all-round function and requires global understanding of all the main engineering elements: process, equipment, controls and modelling. Furthermore, you have an understanding of statistical process control and the methods of Lean manufacturing.
Your activities are, for example:
- Define and coordinate cost-effective manufacturing campaign plan (process phases);
- Define and maintain strategy and vision on development roadmap composite processing;
- Define composite material processing recipes and limits including hardware configuration selection;
- Continuously monitor the process, including Critical To Quality (CTQ) parameters;
- Integration of model based (predictive) engineering into plan and execution;
- Evaluate PQS test results;
- Data analysis and trending;
- NCR handling and reduction projects;
- Perform Continuous Improvement projects.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline like Process Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Applied Phys;
- Around 10 years of working experience;
- Experience with polymer processing for part manufacturing;;
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent command of English. Dutch, sufficient to interact with engineers and operators.