Location: Amsterdam area
For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Composite Engineer.
As Composite Engineer you carry out the engineering work to design fit-for-purpose Thermoplastic Composite Pipes (TCP) and all related equipment and ancillaries.
Your activities are, for example:
- Create Finite Element models of TCP, end fitting and equipment interacting with TCP;
- Perform stress analyses Perform strength, fatigue and creep calculations;
- Perform failure predictions (for process quality testing and product qualification testing) and define test acceptance criteria;
- Define optimal TCP lay-up Prepare design reports and product datasheets.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience;
- Fundamental knowledge of composite properties, manufacturing methods, material modelling, constituent behaviour;
- Global understanding of composites, TCP behaviour, deck equipment, offshore installation and subsea engineering;
- Experience in strength and stiffness analysis (FEA) preferably Abaqus Experience in engineering processes and documentation (reports, drawings, RCA);
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Good command of the English language (written & spoken) is essential. Dutch is advantageous.