The Category Buyer provide support to the Supply Chain department. Coordinate and facilitate defined categories. She / he is also responsible for selection process of suppliers, contract negotiations and execution of contract and supplier management in her/his categories.
Complete prescribed activities, performing standardized processes within clearly defined and established procedures.
- Obtains and provides information to others within the organization or to the external parties.
- Answers queries by investigating records, databases, files etc. in order to establish and/or clarify facts.
- Able to work on own initiative, and to network with colleagues effectively.
- Uses knowledge and experience to solve non-routine problems.
- Requires in-depth technical knowledge and procurement experience working with mainly technical stakeholders to provide procurement guidance in the cross-functional team which enables the buyer to work without day-to-day supervision.
- Resolves day-to-day issues and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement related to Supply Chain.
- Act independently to deliver procurement projects within a defined strategy and planning.
- Executes, leads and manages sourcing projects (RFI, RFP, RFQ, ITT) in cross-functional teams within pre-defined category strategies.
- Evaluates supplier offers and negotiates contracts based on predefined templates and procedures.
- Is able to align the requirements of the internal stakeholders with the Supply Chain strategy through stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Manages dedicated contracts (claims, KPI's, amendments, addendums, performance evaluations) for the duration of a project.
- Requires a broad understanding of the organization, functions, roles and responsibilities. Frequently dealing with company sensitive information.
- Explains facts, practices, policies, etc. and convinces others within and outside the organization to reach agreement and solutions.
- Identifies and corrects problems that are not immediately evident in existing systems or processes.
- Decisions are made within defined guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Defines category strategy and planning for projects, taking into account: the market place, internal and external risks, requirements of internal stakeholders and management, total cost of ownership and total lifecycle of the goods and or services.
- Manages the overall supplier base and actively enhances cross-functional use of contracts and suppliers.
- Adapts and enhances quality and value in existing methods; makes better as part of day-today activities.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Preparing, executing and evaluating tenders and RFQ’s for goods and services with a value in the range of (approximately) 10 thousand to 5 million euros
- Writing tender tactics and recommendations for award
- Leading contract negotiations with support of the legal department
- Executing contract- and supplier management
- Active participation in development of the Supply Chain department
- Planning for projects, taking into account: the market place, internal and external risks, requirements of internal stakeholders and management, total cost of ownership and total lifecycle of the goods and or services
- Manages tender exercises and negotiates contracts with a high profile or specialist projects with a significant impact on the success of objectives
- Manages internal and external stakeholders on managerial level and below
- Sets objectives and deliver results that have direct impact on the achievement of results within the procurement area of the Supply Chain department. Directly and clearly influences of action that determines the achievement of results
- Keeps up to date with market developments
- Develops medium term objectives, schedules, action plan and milestones for accomplishing work of the procurement team
- Adapts and enhances quality and value in existing methods; makes better as part of day-today activities
- Identifies problems and updates or modifies working methods in own rol
- Bachelor degree
- NEVI 2 or equivalent
- 10 – 15 years of experience in a similar role and / or relevant working experience, preferably in the oil & gas industry.
- Fluency in both Dutch and English Language (both spoken / written)
- MS/Office Suite (MS/Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Self-starter able to take initiative and determine own priorities to meet overall team objectives;
- Team-player and effective communicator at all hierarchical levels;
- Volunteer spirit, taking on additional responsibilities when time / immediate tasks at hand permit;
- Willingness to learn and to ask pertinent questions;