About the position:
- The CAD Engineer draws civil and offshore constructions, calculates quantities with the aid of a CAD system, and describes working methods (storyboards);
- The CAD Engineer plays a pro-active and independent role in tender / project teams;
- Draw civil and offshore constructions and work methods (using storyboards) according to the internally agreed standards for CAD drawing;
- Review (Discipline check) of drawing work;
- Optimize, update, create 3D models and calculate quantities for civil and offshore constructions;
- Design (including first estimate of structure dimensions, plate thicknesses and weld specifications) of simple steel structures based on technical specifications and project plan;
- Identification of missing or incorrect information; advising on optimization of designs within teams; suggesting alternative solutions in the design process;
- Prepare and/or create animations in order to give insight into processes and constructions for internal and/or external use. Coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues, including advice on the use of tools/applications;
- Drive continuous improvement and stimulate innovative ideas;
- Pro-actively share knowledge in all phases of projects. Tasks related to periodic reviewing and updating of drawing templates and CAD department roadmaps;
- Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with company design, safety, quality, environmental and procedural standards.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience Extensive experience/knowledge of AutoCAD/Inventor;
- Good command of English (written and spoken) Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems;
- Good people management skills;
- Good knowledge of the operational process of the company and advanced knowledge of WoW and NINA.
- Higher Professional Education level (Technical Mechanical Engineering)
Skills and Experience:
- Required skills: Autocad, Offshore, Engineering
- Additional skills: Mentoring, optimization, project plan, technical specifications, Autocad
- The candidate should speak Dutch and English fluently.
Describe day to day activities:
Providing support as Sr. CAD Engineer to Ørsted OWF Project. Skilled in Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor with experience in offshore projects. The candidate will be part of a draughting team of about 6 members. Cooperation and communication are key competences for the role.