This position is within a group of buyers who purchase all commodity goods to support the fleet, offices and projects. The buyer negotiates purchase orders in a cost effective manner, in time, in accordance with the requirements and at acceptable terms and conditions.
- Conduct transparent procurement processes from request to order;
- Negotiate independently;
- Create and issue purchase orders;
- Carry out vendor performance evaluations;
- Support category management;
- Maintain records on development of prices and rates.
As a Buyer you focus on opportunities, always pursuing the best commercial options for the company. With a positive mindset you service your internal clients.
Furthermore, you have:
- A relevant BSc or MSc degree;
- Knowledge of order writing including legal aspects;
- Team player, persistent, efficient;
- Additional Procurement Education (e.g. NEVI);
- A minimum of 3 years procurement experience, preferably in a maritime environment;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of ERP system, preferably SAP;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- In depth knowledge of the procurement process;
- Ability to work independently.