For one of our clients in the offshore energy industry we are looking for a Business Development Engineer!
As a Business Development Engineer you will also take on the role as Senior Technical Service Coordinator. You will be in close contact with almost all the departments and third parties like vendors and clients. The Business Development Engineer will coordinate the Client support activities and set up the best strategy to commercialize new innovations in the main product lines. To do so, you will initiate sales strategies to market recent developed products, especially together with our Product development department. Possible improvements/activities on the specific product.
The main focus of the Business Development Engineer/Technical Services Coordinator is:
- Execution of services by looking into planning, reporting, invoicing and visits; while at the mean time managing the expectations both internal and external.
- Handle spare parts in the complete process by; requesting for quotations, prepare purchase orders, invoice, and expedite the activities.
- Understanding the client needs and aim for sales opportunities by regular discussing possibilities with clients and define sales strategies;
- Preparation of service proposals to clients by defining the scope of services and liaise with the department managers about budget, manpower and timing
For the Business Development Engineer/Technical Services Coordinator we are looking for a proactive person with strong interpersonal and convincing skills. You take the lead in the process and build to the next step!
As a Business Development Engineer/Technical Services Coordinator you have the following skills:
- Education: A bachelor degree in an engineering discipline (preferably mechanical or chemical/ process engineering);
- Accuracy: You work with a keen eye for detail, and process data and preform tasks with a high level of precision;
- Networking: you know how to build relationships internally and externally, and present yourself with strong verbal presentation skills;
- Independence: you have a problem solving approach and engage challenges based on your own authority;
- Initiative: You see where the opportunities are and take action to ensure these are used to the full;