For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for an Assistant Heavy Lift Crane Operator!
As Assistant Heavy Lift Crane Operator you are charged with the mechanical operation of the crawler cranes, following instructions from a dedicated person on deck and monitoring the instruments in the operator's cabin. Next to this you check and report regularly the mechanical functioning of the crane and machinery.
Your other tasks are:
- To understand and strictly observe the emergency stop signs, radio and hand signals;
- To daily check for and report any defect or malfunction (such as splits in construction, corrosion and splits in paint, wires etc.) of the crane and its equipment;
- To monitor before lifting that lifts are properly hooked on and conditions are safe (e.g. no potential dropped objects);
- To verify proper functioning of machinery and equipment and rectify if necessary;
- To keep crane equipment (including reels) and cabins orderly and tidy;
- To validate proper choice of rigging and monitor position of hook related to the objects to be hoisted and rectify if necessary;
- To attend the general toolbox talk at start of shift (work permit);
- To ensure a proper shift and job handover.
For this position you will need:
- A MTS/MBO diploma;
- A TCVT diploma Mobile Cranes;
- A minimum of 5 years experience on crawler cranes > 300mt and/or offshore cranes >500mt;
- A technical background;
- Good working knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- A flexible attitude.
*This is a staff position!