For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for an Assistant Electrician!
Your main responsibilities are finalize practical education, familiarize with vessel’s electrical, electronic and information systems, equipment, companies guidelines, procedures, established sound working practices and electrical engineering criteria.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Interrupt and correct unsafe activities and/or conditions and report them to the Electrician on duty immediately;
- Assist in construction activities (e.g. installing pre‐heat equipment, monitoring preheat performance, installing temporary lightning on platform / barges) when required;
- Conduct watch keeping activities in all machinery spaces and areas;
- Perform preventive maintenance as instructed;
- Execute instructions from Electrician on duty to improve knowledge of vessel and systems;
- Repair electrical / electronic systems of vessel and construction tools or equipment;
- Conduct scheduled inspections;
- Cooperate with and instruct / advise trainees;
- Ensure proper job and shift handover.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or a comparable degree;
- Maximum of 2 years’ of relevant experience;
- Affinity with the offshore industry and unique heavy lift, decommissioning and wind projects;
- ‘Can and will do’ mentality and take the initiative;
- Knowledge of MS Office software;
- You speak fluent Dutch and English.
* This is a staff position.