Location: Rotterdam area
For an operator in the Netherlands we are looking for a Techician E & I.
As Technician E & I it is your responsibility to organise and perform all operational and mechanical maintenance activities that are required to attain production targets and safeguard asset integrity whilst ensuring adherence to safety, health and environmental standards. You control the production processes such that, in consultation with buyers, the contractual agreed on spec hydrocarbon nominations are attained with respect to quantity and quality whilst ensuring compliance with statutory and company rules and regulations. You direct, organise and manage all production E&I related activities and interfaces between the production and construction departments and to meet established production E&I objectives within approved budgets and company and governmental policies. You ensure, that all electrical installations comply with NEN 3140, NEN 3840 and the NEN-EN-IEL 60079 Regulations for hazardous areas.
Your activities are, for example:
- Supervise third party personnel during maintenance and Shut down activities. Assist / supervise third party during sampling of all Hydrocarbons. Execute Checks and supervise third party during truck loading of Propane and Butane;
- Assist the HMI in evaluating third party contractor personnel as required. Counses and coach personnel whenever required;
- Carry out production operations, including start-up/shut-down of process equipment and faultfinding independently, ensuring assistance as necessary;
- Monitor and regulate process and systems and gather data in accordance with prescribed procedures and practices;
- Validate production data and carry out computer simulations to optimise the utilisation of production facilities;
- Ensure that precautionary measures are taken to allow release of equipment for maintenance purposes if so requested. Prepare production and maintenance reports. Play an active part in the shutdown planning for the installation;
- Perform E&I maintenance independently, ensuring assistance as necessary. Report in the CMMS on maintenance performed;
- Responsible that maintaining the integrity and availability of the facilities is carried out in an effective manner in compliance with governmental rules and recommendations;
- Initiate requests for materials and spare parts for endorsement by the HMI and keep control on minimum stock levels;
- Ensure that the production process and utility systems are operated within their design parameters;
- Ensure security of equipment and adherence to (HSE) procedures whilst work permits are in force;
- Understand emergency response organisation and procedures. Be the onsite emergency co-ordinator on night shift;
- Provide support, when required, to other department(s). All activities (work) can take place at all facilities, both on and offshore. Based on weekly rotation. Either day or night shift.
- Technical background at middle technical education (Electrical) or equivalent;
- At least 5 years relevant experience in the Oil and Gas industry;
- Knowledge of electrical guidelines, rules and regulations. Additional courses in Process Technique and Instrumentation are preferred;
- Able to physically perform duties under strenuous conditions e.g. shift work, extended working periods, night call-outs, extreme weather conditions, confined living- and workspace;
- Able to communicate in the English language, verbally and in writing;
- Has full knowledge of relevant safety documentation e.g. installation HSE document (Safety Case).