Location: The Hague area
For one of our clients, an operator in the Oil & Gas (in the Netherlands) we are looking for a Contracts Specialist. The Contracts specialist MUST HAVE experience with an Operator executing projects in the North Sea Environment including a.o. Drilling.
The Contracts Specialist will ensure that cost-effective and high quality contracts are created in a timely manner in order to meet the Company timelines. You will in a professional and ethical manner, minimize the Company’s exposure to commercial and/or contractual risks, and administer in accordance with Company’s procedures and governance. Furthermore, you will build and maintain relationships with contractors and develop strategies for the procurement of Company’s needs trough close involvement of personnel thereby contributing to cost reduction targets and value creation.
Your activities are, for example:
- Be accountable for performing all obligations regarding health, safety and wellbeing of others and themselves, as well as the environment in which the procurement duties are undertaken;
- Ensure that all procurement activities are undertaken in accordance with Company policies, governance, procedures and Industry’s good practice & regulatory requirements. Report any situation, which does not comply with these rules. Specifically ensure the enforcement of defined procurement policies and of supplier relationship principles and associated guidelines and code of conduct;
- Maintain market knowledge, perform benchmarking, contract mapping as required;
- Manage the procurement process from the expression of the needs (including its review/challenge) to the contract signature;
- Lead communication between bidders and Company personnel during all tendering stages, issue, receipt, opening, analyzing, negotiations with bidder’s representatives and signatures/approvals;
- In coordination with the stakeholder’s (tender) team, develop Tender Strategies including the Bidders List, the award criteria and associated weighting and scoring mechanisms in compliance with Company procurement policies and decisions. Submit Strategies, when applicable, to the Steering Committee for approval;
- Define draft contract with associated commercial criteria and remuneration section;
- Perform commercial evaluation and coordinate technical, legal and QHSE evaluation with the stakeholder’s tender team. Negotiate involving appropriate representatives (internal customer, Legal, QHSE etc.). Draft final recommendation to award and when applicable submit to the Steering Committee for approval;
- Prepare final contracts for award and execution into IT systems, manage and monitor directly the contract (including, Framework, purchase order/call off, kick off, review meetings, claims etc.);
- Support the stakeholders by maintaining proper administration of the contracts and by handling queries from both suppliers and Company Representatives.
- Significant knowledge and practical experience in an Oil & Gas contracts and procurement role including pre-qualification, tender process, negotiation of complex technical contracts, commercial evaluation and award, contract management, claims and close-out.
- Detailed knowledge of contract formulation, management and administration of contracts related to offshore projects in the North Sea environment.
- Thorough understanding of contractor remuneration structures and their commercial implications.
- Ability to understand and review appropriate contract clauses and terms
- Significant procurement skills and a minimum of 10 years practical experience in a comparable procurement role.
- Sufficient knowledge of information systems such as SAP and user of tools and systems to support different activities (Contiki, Office, FPAL, supplier catalogues, etc. as applicable).
- Team player, able to collaborate with others for a common purpose.
- Independence, able to initiate and settle actions without the help of others.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in English and preferably fluent in Dutch.